ENFP Careers And Other Things You Should Know On This Personality Type
There are 16 types of personalities in the world, and one of them is the ENFP. Do you belong to this group? Wondering what ENFP careers are available for you? Well, just sit back because we got you covered!
We promise to give as much ENFP careers for you to choose from in all major fields as you read on. But, first thing first. Let’s discuss what ENFP personality type is all about.
The ENFP Personality Type
ENFP is an abbreviation used in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, which basically means “Extraversion, Intuition, Feeling, Perception”. It is one of the 16 types of personalities there is in the world based on Myers-Briggs.
Those people that belong to this personality type are said to be free-spirited. They are most of the time, the life of the party. However, unlike explorers, ENFPs are not so interested with pure pleasure and excitement. ENFP people are liberated, enthusiastic, charming and compassionate. Based on study, 7% of the total population belong to this group.
If you are one of them, you are probably nodding your head right now. Well, all the more when we discuss further later on the types of ENFP Careers.
Before moving on to the best career paths for an ENFP, it’s good to look into the strengths and weakness of people with this personality type – whether you are one of them or you know someone who has ENFP personality.
The ENFP Personality Type: Strengths
– Energetic. ENFPs as mentioned earlier are considered as the life of the party. They ooze with energy. They are always excited about their findings and would always love sharing them to the group. Their lively character makes people want hanging out with them. Never a dull moment when you are with an ENFP.
– Observant. While they are lively and everything, ENFPs are observant too. They never want to miss out anything. ENFPs believe that even the little things matter, and that they always think it’s a part of something bigger or grand.
– Enthusiastic. Being the light that sparks in a crowd, it is natural for ENFPs to be jolly, be enthusiastic. They are happy people. Their enthusiasm is very infectious.
– Friendly. ENFPs love making friends. They adapt and easily get along with anyone. They are approachable, cooperative and friendly. With that, it is not surprising that most ENFPs have a wide variety of friends.
– Inquisitive. ENFPs are curious people. They are always eager to know stuff behind things. They are imaginative and open-minded. They are never afraid to step out of their comfort zones. They love getting into and eventually getting out of the mysteries of life.
– Excellent Communicators. No doubt, ENFPs are good rather excellent communicators. They love small talks, as well as deep and meaningful conversations – which is also why they have strong people skill. They know how to say and when to say the right words.
While it seems like ENFPs are one of the best people to get along with or to do the job – for that matter — no doubt, nobody is perfect. They have their weaknesses too.
The ENFP Personality Type: Weaknesses
– Have the Tendency to Overthink. Remember, they are curious individuals. They always think about the underlying reasons behind everything. They always want answer to every question or action. It is not surprising if they at the end of the day, you find them or yourself, thinking why things happened. Why your friend or loved one did what she did or said what she said. ENFPs never ran out of questions in mind.
– Easily Gets Stressed Out. I guess it’s normal for them to get stressed out. I mean, being the energetic, enthusiastic individuals that they are, it is not surprising. Plus, they have this tendency to overthink even the simplest things. While they are happy people, they too are sensitive and when they care for someone, they care lot. They easily get overwhelmed with things that leads them to getting stressed out especially when they no longer can handle things.
– Very Emotional. You know that saying that goes, happy people are actually the most vulnerable ones? Well, it is true for ENFPs. They have the tendency to be highly emotional especially when they can’t figure things out.
– Low Practical Skills. ENFPs are thinkers. They are exceptional on that. However, when it comes to practical skills, they are poor. They couldn’t administer or follow-through when struggles come along. ENFPs’ ideas are likely to remain as ideas because of this.
– Have Difficulty to Focus on Things. I guess with all that’s been said early on, it’s normal for ENFPs to have difficulty to focus on things.
Moving on, now that we already know what ENFP is all about, as well as the good and bad characteristics of those who belong to this group, it’s time to dig into the ENFP careers. Considering their personality type’s strengths and weaknesses, here are the career paths that ENFPs should journey on.
ENFP Careers in Arts and Entertainment
- Dancer or Choreographer
- Music Director or Composer
- Musician or Singer
- Producer or Director
- Art Director
- Craft or Fine Artist
- Fashion Designer
- Floral Designer
- Interior Designer
- Multimedia Artist
- Actor or Show Performer
- Comedian or Host
ENFP Careers in Media and Communication
- Public Relations Specialist
- Reporter or Anchor
- Graphic designer
- Web designer
- Public relations specialist
ENFP Careers in Education
- Elementary School Teacher
- Middle School Teacher
- Guidance Counselor
- High School Teacher
- Instructional Coordinator
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Preschool Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Teacher Assistant
- Preschool or Childcare Center Director
ENFP Careers in Healthcare
- Personal Trainer
- Massage Therapist
- Dental Hygienist
- Medical Assistant
- Occupational Therapist
- Social wWrker
- Athletic Trainer
- Dental Assistant
- Genetic Counselor
- Nurse Aide
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialist
- Occupational Health and Safety Technician
- Occupational Therapy Assistant or Aide
- Physical Therapist
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Recreational Therapist
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Veterinary Technologist or Technician
ENFP Careers in Service and Personal Care
- Animal Trainer
- Child Care Worker
- Fitness Trainer
- Recreation Worker
- Skincare Specialist
- Waiter or Waitress
ENFP Careers in Product, Sales and Customer Service
- Product Manager
- Account Manager
- Sales Manager
- Customer Support Specialist
- Retail Sales Associate
- Advertising Sales Agent
- Insurance Sales Agent
- Real Estate Agent
- Retail Salesperson
- Travel Agent
ENFP Careers in Business and Management
- Public Relations Manager
- Sales Manager
- Advertising and Promotions Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Legal Mediator
- Human Resources Specialist
- Meeting or Convention Planner
- Training or Development Specialist
- Training or Development Manager
- Lodging Manager
ENFP Careers in Sciences
- Anthropologist or Archaeologist
- Conservation Scientist
- Urban or Regional Planner
- Landscape Architect
ENFP Careers in Community and Social Services
- Health Educator
- Mental Health Counselor
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- School or Career Counselor
- Social or Human Service Assistant
- Social Worker
- Substance Abuse or Behavioral Disorder Counselor
- Social or Community Service Manager
With this list, it goes to show that ENFPs are in demand individuals. With a lot of career options available for this personality type, no wonder if most people on this groups have a job. However, like any other personality types, ENFPs too have career paths to avoid.
ENFPs loves dealing with people and talking to them. Spending a one whole day alone is not their cup of tea. Thinking of solutions or problem-solving might stressed them out. Thus, if you belong to this group or know someone who does, better avoid jobs like:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Computer Science
- Laboratory Sciences
- Bank Teller
- Financial Manager
- Flight Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Computer Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Chemical Engineer
- Factory Supervisor
- Police Officer
There you go. As promised. We hope that by now you already know which career path to go. For sure, with a wide range of options, you will land to at least one of them. Never lose hope. Just be patient and determined in catching the perfect career for you.
Like how ENFPs are, be enthusiastic and spend that overflowing energy towards finding the perfect job or career for you. Use your curiosity and inquisitiveness to being the best at your chosen field. Good luck!