To begin, eczema is a skin condition that is difficult to deal with. So, imagine, what more if it regularly occurs in an area of the body that your child often use like his hands? That is what eczema gloves for toddlers are all about. To help ease out the discomfort that eczema gives.
Eczema is a skin condition that makes skin itchy and red. Although there are topical creams and other medications available to help deal with its symptoms, this condition has no cure – at least as of this moment. However, through time, some people outgrow the condition – particularly those who had it when they were still young.
Eczema in the hands of a child (actually, regardless of age) is quite intolerable. What makes it harder to deal with is that your dry, sensitive skin is frequently exposed to soap, chemicals and other stuff that could trigger skin flare-ups. Now, the first, basic step towards healing or lessening the condition in your hands is to protect them as often as possible, regardless if it’s night or day. That is why it is highly recommended by skin experts to wear eczema gloves.
There are eczema gloves available for every age bracket. Today, however, we are going to focus on eczema gloves for toddlers. If it’s hard dealing with eczema for adults, it’s even more difficult for children.
Wearing the right eczema gloves for toddlers helps your child keep going and doing his daily activities without the tendency to have it scratched because of the itchy feeling. The eczema gloves for toddlers helps to avoid further damage to your already red and itchy skin.
By wearing eczema gloves for toddlers, your child is protected from irritants, which will help the skin to heal. When wearing gloves though, it is important that you keep your child’s hands moisturized for a faster result. Use a really good moisturizer prior to wearing the gloves in the morning, as well as at night before going to bed (yes, even when asleep, better have your child’s hands protected by eczema gloves for toddlers for faster healing). By doing this routine during skin flare-ups, you should expect eczema to subside within 24-48 hours.
What to look for when buying eczema gloves for toddlers?
Furthermore, when buying eczema gloves for toddlers, you have to make sure it has the following qualities:
– The gloves are made up of thin, breathable, and natural material. When having skin flare-ups your last concern must be for sweat to further aggravate the skin condition. That is why prefer buying eczema gloves that are made up of bamboo or cotton as these are great fabrics for gloves.
– The gloves should be made up of stretchy fabric. Elastane or latex helps keep the gloves’ shape and for it to last longer. But of course, make sure that you do not have any allergy in latex. Otherwise, choose fabrics that are latex-free.
Types of Eczema Gloves for Toddlers
There are two types of eczema gloves for toddlers that are available in the market today. You may choose from either of these two, whichever works best for your child:
- Bamboo Gloves – Eczema gloves that are made up of bamboo and Lycra are extremely soft. With these materials, the gloves are lightweight, cool and stretchy. What’s even good about is that apart from preventing your toddler to scratch their eczema, it can also serve as a dry or wet wrap garment by applying natural eczema treatment. Unlike typical cotton gloves, the ones made up of bamboo are tailored to fit and don’t stretch that much.
- Gloves that are made up of TENCEL and antimicrobial zinc. Remedywear Kids gloves for eczema are known to have these in their product. These gloves can be worn either wet or dry. What’s nice about this is that it used fibers that are really beneficial for eczema.
Best Eczema Gloves for Toddlers
- Scratch Me Not Flip Mitten Sleeves – Baby Boys Girls Stay On Scratch Mitts 6 Grey Solid – Talk about versatility, this one’s perfect for you kids with eczema on their hands. This product is perfect not only for eczema symptoms but for kids who nail bites, pulls hair too! Furthermore, it’s also good for children who have food allergies and trichotillomania. This glove gives relief by providing a soft layer that acts as a shield in your child’s tiny hands. For better results, use your favorite moisturizer prior to use.
- Children’s White Cotton Parade Gloves – Sold by Pair (0-3 years) – This one’s individually wrapped so you don’t have to worry of any contamination. It’s in white and made up of 100% cotton.
- iLoveCos Cotton Gloves for Eczema White Coin Jewelry Inspection Lisle Gloves 12 Pairs – This product from iLoveCos is made up of 85% cotton and 15% Lycra – breathable at the same time stretchy. It comes in just one size, with a length of 9.4 inches. These high-quality soft lisle cotton gloves come in 12 pairs or 24 pieces of gloves, and in white color.
- Skinnies Gloves Children Silk – This product from Skinnies promises to not only prevent scratching, but also to provide protection for contact dermatitis, psoriasis, and more. Each of these gloves was made to fit your child’s fingers perfectly from the tip up to the wrist. These look good in the hands of your children, plus, it’s hypoallergenic too. It’s worth the money as it is washable and reusable. It comes in children sizes from 6 months up to 14 years old.
- Remedywear (TENCEL + Zinc) KIDS Gloves – We’ve already mentioned this a while ago. These gloves from Remedywear are specially designed for eczema on hands. It is stretch so it extends just past the wrists. It’s made up of soft, breathable fabric that fits perfectly and provides soothing relief to your kids’ hands. Since it has TENCEl and zinc, which is clinically proven to reduce itching, you can boost its effectiveness by using your favorite hand cream or moisturizer for eczema.
- GO Cotton Eczema Gloves – There’s so much to love about this product apart from the price. Yes, it’s cheap but worth it. These eczema gloves from GO Cotton assists in the absorption of eczema creams and ointments. Apart from eczema, it’s also perfect for other types of skin disorder. It’s hypoallergenic, 100% pure cotton, comfortable, soft, and form fitting to the hand. It comes in different sizes from 0 to 12 years old.
- Eczema Gloves for Kids (Bamboo) – Ages up to 10Y – These ones are super soft. Well, what can you expect? These gloves are made from biodegradable bamboo. You may use these cooling bamboo gloves after applying your favorite eczema cream to your child’s hands. By doing so, it helps lock in the moisture. It’s perfect for both wet and dry therapy, as well as in protecting itchy skin from scratching while your child plays or sleeps. Unlike cotton gloves, these ones won’t stretch out. It’s also tailored to fit.
While wearing gloves really help well in preventing eczema symptoms like redness and itchiness, there are also other ways to help heal your child’s hands from eczema. Here are some suggested ways:
– Avoiding contact with irritants and allergies
– Following an elimination diet
– Wet and dry wrapping of the skin
– limiting soap exposure
Again, as we mentioned earlier, there’s really no cure for eczema. All of these will only help ease the symptoms to give relief. At the end of the day, it is always best to know what really causes the flare-ups, and avoid it. Who knows, by avoiding the causes, it mind end up to not having eczema episodes anymore.