If you want to know whether or not taking a blogging course is beneficial, here’s an honest to goodness Elite Blog Academy review for you. Elite Blog Academy is a popular blogging course created by blogger and author, Ruth Soukup, aimed to help bloggers make their blogs more sustainable.
Back in the days, people write blogs for pleasure. They write blogs so they get to express themselves, share their escapades in life, and for some, they write blogs to inform and entertain their readers.
However, over the years, the blogging world has changed. And we would like to think that it did change for the better. Today, more and more people write blogs – not just to express, inform or entertain, but also to earn.
Yes, blogging today has become a source of income. In some cases, like the popular bloggers out there, it has become their sole source of income. It is what keeps them going. Blogging provides them with the money they need on their day to day lives.
In an article published by Oozle Media, they talked about how, up to this day, blogging is still relevant. You see, we live in a day and age wherein everything is digital. When we need information, we do not watch television or read a newspaper or books, we basically get our smartphones, and Google what we need. Even the simplest things — we Google. And guess what? Apart from well-established websites, what usually comes out of your searches are links to blog posts. Usually, when you search for something, you are bombarded with plenty of search results and most of them are blog posts.
Needless to say, in today’s society wherein fake news is prevalent, having good sources of information is still — really very significant.
Anyway, let’s talk a little about statistics. WordPress, which is the most popular blogging platform, has released data stating that there are about 70 million posts being published each month by its users. In addition to that, there are 77 million new blog comments generated by readers each month. The latter number goes to show that there are still a lot of people reading blogs up to this day. And you know, these numbers continue to grow, and we do not think this is going down anytime soon. We are, after all, living in a digital era.
Having said that, it is not surprising that their courses created specifically targeting bloggers or bloggers-to-be. Needless to say, targeting those who wanted to monetize and make serious business through blogging – and one of them is Elite Blog Academy.
As mentioned earlier, today, we are going to give our honest to goodness Elite Blog Academy review. Particularly focusing on answering the following most commonly asked questions:
- What is Elite Blog Academy?
- How does Elite Blog Academy work?
- What does Elite Blog Academy include?
- When does the Elite Blog Academy open?
- How much does the Elite Blog Academy cost?
- Are there additional costs related to Elite Blog Academy? What are they?
- How long does it take to recover the cost?
- What are the pros and cons of taking the Elite Blog Academy course?
- What is Elite Blog Academy’s success rate?
WHAT IS ELITE BLOG ACADEMY?
As earlier mentioned, Elite Academy was created by blogger and author, Ruth Soukup. Apart from being a blogger and an author, Soukup is also an entrepreneur who has created several companies that make 6 figures or more online. To say that she is successful perhaps is an understatement because she really did well in her chosen field.
Soukup became successful through her personal finance blog, which she called, Living Well Spending Less. In 2014, she leveled up her media empire by establishing the Elite Blog Academy, which is an online platform that aims to teach people who want to run a successful blogging business how to start and at the same time, how to run it.
Since the Elite Blog Academy’s launching in 2014, it has catered to thousands of students and has earned some very note-worthy success stories in the blogging space — no wonder why EBA is popular.
EBA takes pride that some of its students have become really successful in the blogging atmosphere and have managed to make more than $100,000 per month, and have earned large followers or audiences.
HOW DOES ELITE BLOG ACADEMY WORK?
As stated, Elite Blog Academy is first and foremost a training platform that comes with plenty of learning materials, which include audio, video, as well as written content that is geared towards teaching students how to successfully start blogging and to eventually grow a blogging business.
A lot of people see the act of blogging, however, they fail to realize the business component that is required in blogging.
EBA success stories, however, prove that its creator, Soukup, has done a really good job in terms of helping break down the business aspect of blogging.
Before moving on, you may be interested to know more about Elite Blog Academy through this review by YouTube content creator, The Busy Budgeter. We find it insightful especially if you are deciding whether or not to take the course. Hit the play button to watch the whole thing:
WHAT DOES THE ELITE BLOG ACADEMY INCLUDE?
As part of our Elite Blog Academy review, we are going to share with you what students should expect should they opt to take the course.
The core curriculum of the Elite Blog Academy is organized into 4 modules. Each module is composed of 3 units. All in all, there is a total of 36 assignments. In addition to that, note that each unit comes with an email, a video with transcript, assignments that come with downloadable workbook pages, as well as a Q and A video.
The Elite Blog Academy course starts with the basics. If you have been blogging for a long time, this serves as a refresher. However, for those who are totally unfamiliar with blogging, this will really be beneficial for you. The depth and the scope of the material are actually what think made Elite Blog Academy different from other bogging courses out there. Needless to say, the experience of Soukup who has started a blog and eventually built a seven-figure business out of it.
Now, to give you an idea, below is an overview of the modules and units under the Elite Blog Academy:
Module 1: Refine Your Message
Unit 1: Start With The Fundamentals
Unit 2: Conquer Your Content
Unit 3: Presentation is Everything
Module 2: Grow Your Traffic
Unit 4: Set The Stage For Growth
Unit 5: Grow Your List
Unit 6: Rock Your Social Media
Module 3: Monetize Your Platform
Unit 7: Show Me The Money
Unit 8: Create Your Products
Unit 9: Master Sales & Marketing
Module 4: Build Your Business
Unit 10: Work Smarter, Not Harder
Unit 11: From Blog To Business
Unit 12: Lead Your Team
Apart from the modules, members also get:
- Access to a private Facebook Group
- A printable course syllabus
- 20+ bonus items, which include extra interview-style videos that deep dive into specific topics related to blogging like Instagram, tripwires, affiliate marketing, podcasting and many more. Also, there are printable and products from EBA graduates and others that you may be interested on.
WHEN DOES THE ELITE BLOG ACADEMY OPEN?
Unfortunately, Elite Blog Academy is not an all-year-round kind of thing. In fact, it only opens once a year, and only runs for five days. Yes, that’s how it is.
Typically, the course is offered in either late February or early March. Thus, if you want to take a spot, you better get on the waiting list now and be notified as soon as it gets available.
While waiting, you can enjoy Soukup’s free resources, which you can avail by giving them your email address. The free resources include:
- The 7 Biggest Mistakes All Bloggers Make (live webinar)
- 7 Surefire Ways to Boost Your Blog Income Overnight
- 120 Awesome Blog Post Ideas
- The Blog Structure Blueprint
These are essentially helpful, so you better take advantage of this free stuff. As the saying goes, “the best things in life are free”!
HOW MUCH DOES ELITE BLOG ACADEMY COST?
Of course, while there is free stuff, the real, main thing is not freely given. You got to pay for it! And of course, this Elite Blog Academy review will not be complete if we are not going to share with you how much you need to take the EBA course.
Now, are you ready to know how much the course cost? Well, we won’t keep you waiting.
For this year, there are 3 tiers available that ranges from $1097 to $4997. Each tier comes with a payment plan. If you opt for a payment plan, the downside is, you will have limited access to the course up until your final payment is settled.
We know what you are thinking. To be honest, for most bloggers, that is huge! It’s very expensive. Even if we say payment plan is available, you got to really think a couple of times first before you even make a decision. No wonder why some thought EBA is a scam.
ARE THERE ADDITIONAL COST RELATED TO ELITE BLOG ACADEMY? WHAT ARE THEY?
The answer to this question is yes, there are additional costs associated with Elite Blog Academy. This includes incidental costs such as paid-for tools, as well as other services that are suggested throughout the whole course duration.
Some of these items are integral to the course, while others are optional (however, they are used and are recommended by Soukup). It’s hard to tell how much in total are you going to spend, but to be sure, better include the incidentals in your computation if you plan to take the course.
Also, please note that should you choose to go for the Platinum tier, all expenses that are related to the live event will be at your expense.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECOVER THE COST?
It’s honestly hard to tell how long will it take for you to be able to regain the amount of money you spent on the whole thing. Realistically, you have to take into consideration a lot of factors. But on average, students should be able to recover their expenses in 12 months. For some, it may only take a while, while for others it may take a little longer.
Here’s a fact. While Elite Blog Academy has so many great tools available, making money is not guaranteed. Again you have to take into consideration a lot of factors that may or may not affect your blogging business.
For those who may regain sooner, some factors that may help are:
– Your bogging experience
– The quality of content you produce in your blog
– Your willingness to take risks as well as your being creative
– The amount of time and attention you spent working on the assignments
Also, there are factors that are beyond your control that will likely affect the outcome. This include:
– Social media algorithms
– Search engine algorithms
– Responses from readers
You see, there are so many factors to consider. So, imagine if you are totally new to all of these, right? But then again, gaining knowledge is an investment. While the output may take a while, eventually it will come. Now, if it doesn’t, then perhaps it’s not meant for you? We will never know.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF TAKING ELITE BLOG ACADEMY COURSE?
Our Elite Blog Academy review will not be complete if we are not going to share with you the pros and cons of the course. This will help you even more in deciding whether or not it’s work taking the course.
– Organized information. We love the fact that all the information you need is organized. This is very beneficial to new bloggers and also to bloggers who lack direction in terms of direction or fundamentals.
– Access to future EBA course versions. Once you avail of the course, you will get to enjoy a “lifetime access for the life of the EBA course”. Historically, new information is added every now and then to keep the course relevant and more valuable.
– Q and A videos. Every unit comes with a video of Soukup answering questions from real students, which we find very useful and informative.
– Bonuses. EBA offers course bonuses, which is again very beneficial. For instance, in version 4.0, the bonuses provided added more value to the course. They provide in-depth information about particular topics.
– Well packaged. The Elite Blog Academy has a very clean and simple interface. It is very on-point and easy to navigate, which we thought is very commendable.
– Success Story. Elite Blog Academy takes pride in its successful students. Some of them include Rosemarie Groner, Michelle Schroeder Gardner, and Amy Lynn Andrews. All of them took up the EBA course, and have successfully implemented their learning. Thus, the outcome.
– Community. EBA’s Facebook Group is one of its greatest assets. It’s very valuable. It allows you to ask questions, share and get ideas, as well as ask for advice, get support, interacts with fellow bloggers, and it also allows you to provide and receive encouragement.
– Expensive cost. To be honest, it’s really expensive. Given the fact that you will also have to spend for incidentals apart from the course itself is really a pain in the pocket. Thus, we highly suggest you think about it a hundred times over before making a decision. After all, taking a blogging course is not a prerequisite to becoming a successful blogger. At the end of the day, how your blog and how big your audience is what matters.
– Overwhelming. We’ve encountered some people saying that they did buy EBA but eventually did not finish the course. It’s honestly a sad thing given the amount of money you need to spend on the course. But we found out that there are a number of factors that hindered them like the amount of work involved, the backlog of other courses, or were bogged down.
– Stringent return policy. If you are not a hundred percent sure about EBA, better not avail the course as you cannot easily request a refund. In fact, you need to prove that you have completed it entirely before they issue a refund.
– Limited technical help. While EBA does have a lot of hands-on, practical, and strategic help, EBA does not cover any technical aspects of blogging. So, if you are looking forward to learning or asking for technical help, this may not be the right course for you.
WHAT IS THE ELITE BLOG ACADEMY’S SUCCESS RATE?
It’s not clear how many of their 11,000 students have become successful after taking the course. When we say successful, we particularly pertain to those who have established profit-generating blogs and have really made it into the blogging industry.
What is clear to us is that it is a case to case basis. For some, the course is beneficial, it worked, and it really brought them into where they are now in the blogging atmosphere. While to others who took up the course, it may have disappointed them.
So to rate its success in teaching students, we have to say that only their students can tell really.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON ELITE BLOG ACADEMY REVIEW
Blogging is such a very interesting world to be part of. More so, it’s amazing how it has become profit-generating. It’s nice knowing that there are a lot of bloggers from everywhere who managed to make it in this industry and have earned big time from blogging.
If you are looking at becoming one or starting off a career in blogging, remember that while taking online blog courses is a good idea, at the end of the day the success of your blog will depend on you.