FlexJobs is one of the most popular online job listing sites today, but given the amount of money you need to spend to avail its services, is it really worth it? In this FlexJobs review, we are going to answer that commonly asked question and more to help you gauge if it’s really worth it.
In a report published online at Stanford News, it says that “42 percent of the U.S. labor force now working from home full-time“. Unfortunately, in the same report, it says that “33 percent are not working – a testament to the savage impact of the lockdown recession“.
These numbers were caused by the recent Covid-19 pandemic, which obviously hit hard not only in the economy of the United States but across all nations worldwide.
Given the current situation when “normalcy” still seems far from reality, experts believe (and we strongly believe, too) that the work from home setup will surely be in-demand, and the numbers will continue to rise in the months to come. After all, working from home is the safest way to work these days.
Moving on, if you are currently employed, you are one lucky soul. But, if you are not (which we presume is the very reason why you are here and reading this post), and you want to take chances particularly on landing a work from home job stint, then this one’s for you.
As mentioned earlier, we are going to do a review on FlexJobs –
We all know FlexJobs. If you have searched for jobs online, most likely, you have already encountered FlexJobs, or maybe you are actually using the platform now to look for jobs!?
Whether you are in the former or the latter situation, this one is perfect for you as we are going to provide you essential information about FlexJobs and see if it’s indeed worth it to spend a couple of dollars to pay for the services offered by FlexJobs especially if you are looking into finding remote work.
In particular, we are going to tackle the following:
- What is FlexJobs?
- Is FlexJobs a legit site?
- Why sign up for FlexJobs?
- How much does signing up on FlexJobs cost?
- How to get the most out of your FlexJobs membership?
- What are the pros and cons of FlexJobs?
- Is FlexJobs membership worth it?
WHAT IS FLEXJOBS?
FlexJobs started back in 2007 and was founded by Sara Sutton Fell. The site was established when Sara herself was frustrated with her own flexible job search.
Being a founder of an entry-level employment service, Sara already has an idea of what employers, as well as potential employees, look for. Thus, the thought of setting out to fill in the gap.
Years have gone by, and today, FlexJobs have become the top-rated online job board particularly for telecommuters.
However, apart from telecommuting positions, FlexJobs is also a platform that caters to job listings that offer flexible work schedules, seasonal jobs, as well as other types of alternative work scheduling.
The company has partnered with a lot of high-quality companies that offer telecommuting jobs consistently.
To ensure the quality of job listings, each job posted on the FlexJobs website is researched and is thoroughly vetted to ensure that it’s legit, and it is for this reason that FLexJobs charge a small membership fee to its users.
Furthermore, apart from providing flexible job listings, FlexJobs’ paid users also get to access member-only content such as:
- Career Courses
- Discounts to more than 60 companies
- Downloadable Guides
- Educational Webinars
- Job Search Checklist
- Soft Skills Tests
If you want to know more about what FlexJobs is all about and how exactly the site works, check the video below:
IS FLEXJOBS A LEGIT SITE?
Given the history of FlexJobs, as stated in the previous section, the company is obviously not bogus.
Yes, FlexJobs is a legit online job listing site. It is definitely not a scam.
We just thought of setting the record straight, because we understand it is one of the many concerns of a lot of people.
FlexJobs is absolutely not like other job listing sites wherein you sign up and you end up receiving spam messages instead of getting help to land on a job.
Flexjobs, while it focuses its efforts on flexible jobs as compared to traditional 9 to 5 jobs is legitimate.
More so, unlike other online job listing sites, FLexJobs employs over 100 virtual workers and has been featured multiple times on different media platforms like CNN, WSJ, GMA, Forbes, and more.
In addition, FlexJobs is an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. Currently, it has an A+ rating, which basically means, it’s a good company.
For all these reasons, you are one hundred percent sure that FlexJobs is not a scam, and that it’s indeed legit.
WHY SIGN UP FOR FLEXJOBS?
Apart from the fact that it’s a legit job listing site that particularly caters to flexible telecommute jobs, in this section, as part of our FlexJobs review, we are going to provide you with other reasons why you should sign up for FlexJobs.
There are a number of reasons why you should sign up for FlexJobs, and this includes the following:
- No Scams – As mentioned earlier, FlexJobs follow a process to ensure that all its listings are legit and not scams. FlexJobs research and verify each job post to ensure its legitimacy so you do not waste time and effort on something only to find out it’s not worth your time and effort at all.
- Advanced Job Search Option – The site’s Advanced Job Search option allows you to search job listings using keywords, or via work schedule, career level, telecommute level, and many more. This feature allows you to save time and focus only on jobs that are based on your preference.
- Skills Testing – This feature that is available for FlexJobs members allows you to see once and for all if your skills are appropriate for the job you are looking at. There are different tests available (more than 170) — from databases to medical transcription and writing, as well as web design, and more. Basically, if you get a 70% and up score, the result will be listed on your profile. Please note though that the only employer that’ll get to see your test results are those you apply to direct from within the FlexJobs portal or employers that found your resume on the site.
- Discounted Career Coaching – This feature connects you with a career expert. The expert will provide you answers, offer guidance, as well as help you get your job search on the right track. Members get up to 50% off when receiving sessions.
- Applicant Profile – FlexJobs allows you to create an online resume within your FlexJobs member profile. This will be visible to employers. You are allowed to create more than one profile depending on the type of job you are interested in.
- Email Notification – As a member, you can take advantage of this option to ensure that you immediately receive job leads at your email as soon as they’re posted on FlexJobs.
- Other Partner Discounts – FlexJobs partnered with different service providers so its members get to enjoy discounts on products and services like online training, software, as well as household services.
- Member-Only Webinars – Another feature that FlexJobs members can take advantage of special webinars hosted by the site. These webinars discuss various topics like resume writing tips, your career during the era of technology, and many more.
- Video Course on How to Find a Remote Job – This particular video is also accessible via LinkedIn Learning and Lynda.com. However, this one’s available for a fee of $19.99. But, if you are a FlexJobs member, you get to access it for free for a limited time.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – This is probably one of the best features that FlexJobs offers among its members. Basically, if you are not happy with the quality of service that FlexJobs provides, you can immediately cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days of creating or renewing a subscription.
HOW MUCH DOES SIGNING UP ON FLEXJOBS COST?
In this section, we are going to provide you information on how much does it cost to get a FlexJobs membership.
Here’s the thing, if you thought it’s pricey, well, it’s actually not. FlexJobs membership is actually very affordable.
FlexJobs membership costs $14.95 per month only. You may also opt to pay on a quarterly basis at $29.95 per quarter, or for one whole year at $49.95.
Furthermore, FlexJobs also offers a one-week subscription, which costs $6.95.
Please note — once again — that for every subscription, you get to enjoy the following perks:
- Unlimited access to every job FlexJobs’ find.
- Free skills testing to clearly establish and market your skills to employers.
- Expert job search tips, resources, and offers at FlexJobs or by e-mail that help to make your search more effective.
- An easy, quick profile process that enables you to be found by hiring employers.
- Email alerts when new jobs are posted.
- A personalized portfolio where you can upload resumes and work samples so you make a great impression on employers.
Of course, along with all these perks, you also get to enjoy a satisfaction guarantee (as earlier mentioned).
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR FLEXJOBS MEMBERSHIP?
In this section of our FlexJobs review, we are going to share with you some tips on how you can get the most out of your FlexJobs membership.
Surely, FlexJobs is meant to be a platform used to find a remote job, but what else can you do to ensure you get to use it to its full potential?
Know What It Is You’re Looking For
FlexJobs does have tons of job listings. In some cases, people seem to not find any jobs on the site. But in reality, you just got to narrow your job search too far that you are unable to get the result you need.
In this case, we recommend using one parameter in the Advanced Search feature — that is the Remote Work Level – 100% Remote Work. This provides you with the largest number of jobs.
Now, if you find the result too overwhelming, you can start narrowing your search further by location, job type, categories, career level, and/or work schedule.
Access Skills Testing Feature
This particular feature helps you become even more competitive among other applicants. The result of this test will be posted and are seen by employers, which could actually help them in making a decision on whether to hire you for the job or not.
As a job seeker, it is also important to research a company especially if it’s the first time you encountered it. Through FlexJobs’ company guide feature, you can review company profiles as well as previous job openings they’ve had.
This feature makes life totally easier for you. Needless to say, it’s very helpful especially for companies that prefer hiring people within the platform as compared to accepting public applications.
Resume Review Feature
By using this feature, a career coach will take your existing resume and edit it to come up with a more effective one. Of course, you’ll pay for this feature but as a FlexJobs member, you get it at a 65% discount.
You also have the option to bundle it with a 30-minute career coaching session for additional savings.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF FLEXJOBS?
Our FlexJobs review will not be complete if we are not going to run down our list of pros and cons — or advantages and disadvantages of being a FlexJobs member.
Saves Time and Money – As mentioned, FlexJobs ensures that all jobs listed on their site are legit. You no longer have to do your own research as you are assured that each job post has been researched and verified already.
Advanced Job Search Option – We have mentioned this a couple of times already, but we just can’t get enough of the fact that this feature is very helpful to narrow down choices by using advance search options like keywords, location, job type, career category, career level, and more.
Automate Job Search – FlexJovs allows you to access saved settings, plus it also sends an email alert when there are new job listings that meet your criteria.
Professional Development Tools – FlexJobs membership provides you with a wide range of career development tools such as downloadable career guides, webinars, online learning courses, as well as soft skill quizzes and virtual career fairs.
Discounts – As a FlexJobs member, you get to enjoy 60 discounts that range from 10% up to 50% off. These deals are available in a wide range of categories like job search, remote work resources, as well as lifestyle and travel.
Largest Database – FlexJobs has one of the largest databases of remote jobs ever, which means you can definitely find one for yourself given the tons of options available.
Satisfaction Guarantee – If you are not happy with your FlexJobs experience, you can simply cancel your membership and request a refund within 30 days since your membership or renewal of membership.
No Scams – With FlexJob’s research and verification process, you are assured that each job post is legit and not a scam.
No Ads – FlexJobs guarantees that it has no ads on the site, which can sometimes become very distracting.
Membership Fee – Although technically, it does not cost much, still the fact that the membership costs a certain amount draws a lot of people back.
Does Not Guarantee A Job – Unfortunately, paying for the services provided by FLexJobs does not guarantee you will land a remote job. However, there are thousands of success stories from people who actually did land a job using FLexJobs. So, it’s basically up to you and your skills to say the least.
Publicly Listed Jobs – Although not all, some of the jobs listed on FlexJobs can also be found in other sites, which for some is not a good thing.
Not All Jobs Are Remote – While most of the jobs listed on FlexJobs are work from home jobs, others are not. Thus, you have to really make use of the advanced search feature to not waste time and effort digging into a wide selection of jobs.
IS FLEXJOBS MEMBERSHIP WORTH IT?
Although FlexJobs membership and FLexJobs as a whole has its share of pros and cons, ultimately, we got to say that it is worth it.
First, it is worth paying for FlexJobs membership especially if you are able to take advantage of all the perks that come with it. Otherwise, you are just wasting money.
Second, FlexJobs is worth it given the many positive reviews it has from actual users of the site. Needless to say, the site has an A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau.
At the end of the day, though, the decision of whether FlexJobs is worth it still will depend on you and how you intend to use it. Given the fact that all the perks are disclosed, if you think you are going to benefit from it all, then, without a doubt, go ahead and sign up for FlexJobs membership.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON FLEXJOBS REVIEW
FlexJobs is no doubt one of the go-to online job listing sites, especially among employees looking for telecommuting jobs not only in the United States but from different parts of the world as well.
Based on the information we shared in different sections, FlexJobs is no doubt worth it for as long as you are able to use all its features and avail all the discounts provided.
So, what do you think?