Starting off a work-from-home career can get a little scary, but the good thing is, these days, there are so many free online courses available out there that could absolutely help you jumpstart your remote work setup.
In a special analysis done by one of the famous online job sites, FlexJobs together with the Global Workplace Analytics, it was found that there has been an increasing amount of people working remotely in the United States.
According to the report, from 2016 to 2017, work from home grew by 7.9%. Meanwhile, from 2005 to 2017, an increase of 154% in remote work has been recorded.
Since then up to this day, remote work has continuously grown. Considering all that’s happening in the country and globally, experts believe work from home will certainly become more in-demand this year and in the coming years.
Now, while a lot of people have already shifted from working in an office setting to working from home, others have not fully grasped the idea of remote work yet. There are still a lot of people who are kind of hesitant to jumpstart their work-from-home careers because they lack an idea on how to actually begin.
If you are one of those who are finding jumpstarting a work from home career a struggle, well then, you are in the right place. Today, we are going to share with you some of the best free online courses you will find on the internet to help you start off your work from home career.
In particular, we are going to provide you some very important information about the following free online courses:
- Jumpstart Your Virtual Assistant Business
- Intro to Voice-Over – Mini-Course
- Free Amazon FBA Starter Course
- 28-Page Blogging Success E-Book
- 4 Reasons You’re Not Making Money on Instagram + How to Fix It
- 200+ Freelance Writing Niches (and sub-niches) To Choose From
- Free Blog Traffic Bonus Guide
- How to Start a Successful, Run-from-Anywhere Bookkeeping Business
- Build a Six-Figure Freelance Career: 6 Keys to Online Freelance Success
- How to Make Good Money with Freelance Writing — in 9 Easy Steps
- How to Become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant and Land Your First Client
- Master the Skills + Strategies Needed to Launch, Manage, and Grow Podcasts for Small Businesses
- Transcription Foundations: Free 7-Lesson Mini-Course with Janet Shaughnessy
Before we dig deeper into each free online course in our list, here’s a quick tip on how to make the most of online courses (especially if you are paying for it) by Verbal to Visual:
So, not, let’s proceed to our list of free online courses that we highly recommend you take advantage of – after all, it’s for FREE:
JUMPSTART YOUR VIRTUAL ASSISTANT BUSINESS
A virtual assistant is one of the most popular work from home jobs. As a virtual assistant, your job includes different tasks like bookkeeping, data entry, graphic design and layout, content writing and management, social media management, email management, and many more.
Although virtual assisting is a very common work from home job, there some people who are unsure about the kind of service or services they will offer to potential clients.
If you are one of those having difficulty figuring out what services to offer, this free online course by Gina Horkey is ideal for you.
Gina Horkey started out working as a virtual assistant, and eventually have mastered the craft, which is why now, she teaches people who she was once like how to start off a virtual assistant business, and be successful at it.
The Jumpstart Your Virtual Assistant Business pack will provide you with the following:
- 150+ services you can offer as a virtual assistant (and get paid for),
- A self-assessment workbook that will help you decide what kind of services to offer,
- A defining your why and goal setting worksheet, and
- Stories of inspiring student successes to motivate you in jumpstarting your virtual assisting business
INTRO TO VOICE-OVER – MINI-COURSE
Do you have a pleasant voice? Then, perhaps working as a voice artist is ideal for you.
As a voice-over artist, your job may include making radio commercials, narrating audiobooks, and many more.
Now, if the whole voice-over career idea is strange for you, but you want to try it out, Julie Eickhoff’s free online mini-course will surely be a very big help.
For this particular free online course, you will find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the world of voice-overs. In particular, the course curriculum includes the following information:
- What is Voice Over?
- How does working as a voice artist work?
- What background do I need to be successful?
- What skills would I need to learn?
- How do I get work?
- How much money can I make?
- Do I need my own recording space and equipment?
- What’s a typical day like?
- How can I learn everything I need to know?
By the way, just a little backgrounder, Julie Eickhoff is a voice artist and trainer and has been doing voice overs from home since 2011. To date, he has already narrated and produced approximately 100 audiobooks. She is also an Audible Approved Producer. All in all, she got what it takes to tell you how to succeed in this work from home career.
FREE AMAZON FBA STARTER COURSE
Amazon FBA is an ideal remote job for people who want to sell products online. While there are a lot of other online selling platforms out there, selling products through the Amazon FBA program is one of the best ways to go.
Well, apart from the fact that it’s Amazon, which means you’ve got millions of potential customers or buyers, the Amazon FBA makes online selling so much easier especially for people who, apart from selling, have other things to do.
Now, to give you more idea about this program, we highly recommend you check this free 9-part video course. This will provide you basically all the information you need to know about the program, which includes:
- Why Amazon is the best marketplace for resellers
- How using FBA gets you more sales (and saves you hours each day)
- The exact steps to follow to set up your Amazon Seller account
- Two easy, affordable ways to find inventory (including the simple method that allowed us to earn $100,000+ profit our first year in business)
- How to choose a profitable inventory that customers actually want to buy
- Why you need to treat Amazon like a business (this is the stuff most people won’t tell you about)
To have access to the course, all you need to do is to fill out a very simple form, and you are ready for an exciting start of a possible successful online business through Amazon FBA.
28-PAGE BLOGGING SUCCESS E-BOOK
Do you love writing and wanted to explore online career opportunities through blogging? Well, then, this Blogging Success: Tips for Creating Content, Getting Traffic, and Monetizing Your Blog if perfect for you.
This 28-page course will guide you from setting up a blog to writing up to how to get traffic and of course, the most important part, monetizing your blog to earn as much as you can.
Apart from all that, this e-book by Holly Hanna comes with four case studies from four superstar bloggers who share their secrets and best tips to make money from blogging.
So, if you want to jumpstart a blogging career, this e-book is definitely something worth reading.
4 REASONS YOU’RE NOT MAKING MONEY ON INSTAGRAM + HOW TO FIX IT
Do you want to learn how to grow and make sales on Instagram? Then, this online course is perfect for you.
We all know that Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms today. On Instagram, you will find ordinary people, influencers, and celebrities, people of authority, and even businessmen and women!
With Instagram, you can basically do anything and everything — including growing a business and making sales!
So, to help you make money through Instagram, we recommend this free 90-minute training session by Natalie Ellis. Natalie has over 2 million followers on Instagram, and that alone makes her a reliable source of information on how to make money on Instagram. Needless to say, she has definitely have earned a lot from it.
200+ FREELANCE WRITING NICHES (AND SUB-NICHES) TO CHOOSE FROM
Freelance writing is another way to make money online. It is, in fact, one of the most popular work from home jobs out there.
If you have been dreaming of becoming one, well, maybe this is the perfect time to start off your freelance writing career!
To help you out, we recommend you check out 200+ Freelance Writing Niches and Sub-Niches to Choose From. It’s one of the best free online courses on freelance writing that we found so far.
In this course, Gina Horkey shares an extensive list of different freelance writing niches, which she gained over the years from being a freelance writer and a coach.
After taking the course, you will surely have fresh writing ideas that will help you get started your online freelance writing career.
FREE BLOG TRAFFIC BONUS GUIDE
Are you a blogger struggling with your site’s traffic? If your answer to this question is a yes, then, this free Blog Traffic Bonus Guide by Lena Gott is perfect for you.
The guide comes with three solid traffic generation tips that have helped Lena push her blog traffic over the edge — from 17,000 to 400,000 page views in just (guess how long?) — 10 months!
This free online course is definitely a must not just to beginners in blogging but even pros who found driving traffic really challenging.
HOW TO START A SUCCESSFUL, RUN-FROM-ANYWHERE BOOKKEEPING BUSINESS
Another very popular work from home job is bookkeeping. If you are thinking of starting off a bookkeeping career, The Bookkeepers’ “Free Classes Show You How to:
Start a Successful, Run-from-Anywhere Bookkeeping Business is perfect for you.
These particular classes focus on starting your own bookkeeping business rather than getting employed as a bookkeeper. The Bookkeepers believe that owning your source of income allows you to live a life full of freedom.
This online course will teach you what you need to know to ensure success in this line of business.
If you are looking for clients, though, this is not for you. More so, do these classes will not teach you how to do bookkeeping. Instead, you will learn the characteristics of good bookkeepers, how much you could possibly earn from putting up your own bookkeeping business, costs to get the business started, how to market your bookkeeping services, and many more.
BUILD A SIX-FIGURE FREELANCE CAREER: 6 KEYS TO ONLINE FREELANCE SUCCESS
If writing is one of your strengths, pursuing a freelance writing career is ideal for you.
There are so many freelance writing job opportunities out there. In fact, too many that you can earn as much as six digits if you want to!
Well, this is actually the very essence of this free online course. In the Build a Six-Figure Freelance Career free training workshop by Gina Horkey, you will learn the following:
- The 6 Keys to Online Freelance Success
- Tips for Increasing Your Income Over Time
- Steps Used to Build A Freelance Writing Income to Over $200K
- Ideas for Cold Pitching Clients
- Techniques to Improve Your Efficiency
- Hints for Building a Social Media Following
We highly recommend you take advantage of this free workshop. We bet once you’ve finished the whole thing, you will become not just inspired to earn six digits, but more equipped in stepping up your game.
HOW TO MAKE GOOD MONEY WITH FREELANCE WRITING – IN 9 EASY STEPS
By now, maybe you’re already overwhelmed with so many free online courses you will find out there, and guess what? We’re not even done yet!
Moving on, here’s another free online course that specifically focuses on making good money with freelance writing.
This online course will teach you nine steps you need to take to earn a good amount of money from freelance writing. The course, which was created by American Writers and Artists Inc. or AWAI, provides you with a nine-step program that includes tips in building your writing skills, access to the organization’s job board, plus it also helps you narrow down a niche to focus on, at the same time guides you through finding high-paying clients.
If you are a newbie or have been working as a freelance writer but struggling in making money through it, you got to check this out.
HOW TO BECOME A PINTEREST VIRTUAL ASSISTANT AND LAND YOUR FIRST CLIENT
Pinterest is one of the most popular social media platforms today, and just in case you have not known yet, you can actually work as a Pinterest virtual assistant. Your job mainly is to manage a client’s Pinterest account, create and schedule content, layout graphics for uploading on Pinterest, and many more.
In this free online course, Kristin Larsen will teach you the following:
- How and Where Pinterest VAs Work Online – This basically is a review of the personality traits needed to be a Pinterest virtual assistant. It also includes information on what you need to get started, and why it’s one of the hottest work from home jobs in the world today.
- What Services to Offer and How Much to Charge – In this section, Kristin will share with you the nine services you can offer as a Pinterest virtual assistant. Examples are provided so you get an idea of what business owners’ expectations are when it comes to generating new online income.
- How and Where to Land Your First Client – In this section, you will learn where to look for clients. You will also be taught how to pitch, and how to seal a deal with your very first paying client.
MASTER THE SKILLS + STRATEGIES NEEDED TO LAUNCH, MANAGE, AND GROW PODCASTS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
Podcasting is becoming a hit these days. Needless to say, it’s becoming a really profitable and competitive industry.
If you are a fan of podcasting and you want to try out your luck in this online career, we bet you should take advantage of these workbooks and checklists made available for everyone for free by Podcast Production School.
These workbooks and checklists will provide you with the following:
- A list of the top podcast skills
- Podcast Production School‘s podcast launch checklist
- A custom podcast production checklist that the school use for their clients
TRANSCRIPTION FOUNDATIONS: FREE 7-LESSON MINI-COURSE WITH JANET SHAUGHNESSY
If you have excellent listening skills and you can type words fast in a minute, an online transcription job is perfect for you.
As a transcriptionist, your job involves transcribing audio files into text.
In this free 7-Lesson Mini-Course with Janet Shaughnessy, you will learn the following:
- Lesson 1: Learn about Janet (your instructor), plus exactly what transcription is and why it’s an invaluable skill in today’s digital world.
- Lesson 2: Learn who uses transcriptionists, what it takes to become one, and the two keys to success as a transcriptionist.
- Lesson 3: Busting the biggest myth out there about transcription.
- Lesson 4: Learn 10 signs you’re not a good fit for a transcription
- Lesson 5: How much can you earn as a transcriptionist? It’s not going to make you rich, but you can earn great money if you take the time to learn and develop your skills. This lesson details what affects your earnings as a transcriptionist.
- Lesson 6: Where does transcription work come from?
- Lesson 7: What do you need to get started? This includes a recommended list of equipment and an invitation to hop on board with TA as a student.
With all there is to learn, you certainly have to avail this free online course, and step up your knowledge about this career.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON FREE ONLINE COURSES
There you have it!
Have you thought about what particular online course are you going to take advantage of?