If you are an avid viewer of Fox News Channel, you are probably familiar with Gillian Turner. With such beauty, grace, and intelligence, we wouldn’t be surprised if you are wondering who Gillian Turner’s mother and father are – because the genes where she came from must have something to do with it, right?
Kidding aside, even we wanted to know who the people behind this beautiful and smart Fox News correspondent are. Looking at her credentials, which we are sharing with you in a while, you’ll probably get amazed as we did.
But apart from Gillian, we are more interested in getting to know the woman behind this successful woman – her mother. Based on our research, she herself is successful in her chosen field. Later in this article, we will get to know more about Gillian Turner’s mother, and discover how the two women are powerful in their own rights.
So, first, let’s get to know who Gillian Turner is.
Gillian Turner: A Brief Bio
The Fox News Channel news correspondent was born on September 1982 in Cape Town, South Africa. She, however, states that she is of American nationality as she spent most of her childhood together with her family in the US, particularly in New York.
In 2001, Gillian went to Colombia University where she took and graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government. After college, she went to finish her master’s in Social Science, African Governance, Security Studies, and Politics at the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
Prior to joining the Fox News Channel in 2014, Gillian Turner worked at the White House National Security Council during the presidential administrations of George W. Bush and Barack Obama. She was the acting director for legislative affairs at the NSC during the Obama administration, while she served as a research assistant in the Office of the National Security Adviser during the Bush administration. She was also the youngest recipient of the National Security Council Outstanding Service Award.
Are you impressed yet? Well, she has more in her plate. Yes, this woman, at such a young age, has already proven her worth. She definitely has what it takes to be called an empowered woman, don’t you think?
Anyway, before becoming a full-time news correspondent, Gillian started as news contributor to Fox News. She appeared in several shows like the Fox News Sunday, Tucker Carlson Tonight, America’s Newsroom, Fox and Friends, Outnumbered MediaBuzz, and The Five.
But wait, there’s more. Apart from being a full-time news correspondent, Gillian is also the vice president of a global strategy firm called, Jones Group International.
No doubt, Gillian Turner’s background is overwhelming. She is the epitome of success with so much powerful work she has been into. But, the question remains. Who her parents are, particularly, who is Gillian Turner’s mother?
Who is Gillian Turner’s mother?
We tried to get as much information as we can about Gillian Turner’s mother (especially her name) and father as well, however, we only gathered a few information. We weren’t surprised though because of Gillian’s professional background – having worked for the national government plus being a media personality – she probably opted or made to keep her family’s privacy.
Nonetheless, regardless of the very little details we got, we thought of just digging into who Gillian Turner’s mother is by simply looking at her achievements as a child up to where she is now. After all, we believe that a child’s success can be based on the kind of environment she was brought up to. Of course, this may not be applicable for everyone, but we thought for most it is.
Anyway, so, based on what we have, here are seven things we thought about who and what kind Gillian Turner’s mother is.
- Gillian Turner’s mother is South African. Although we really cannot confirm this because of the lack of credible information available, an online source said that Gillian’s mom is South African, which is actually not surprising since Gillian is said to be born at Cape Town in South Africa plus she also had her master’s degree in the same place.
- Gillian Turner’s mother is an author. Apart from this information, we found nothing else about the professional background or identity of Gillian Turner’s mother. If there is a piece of consistent information about her mom though, that is that she’s a writer.
- She is an achiever. Like her daughter, we believe she is an achiever too. To be called an author means, she has published a book. And the mere fact that she was able to do so, regardless if the book sold out or not, she has every right to be called an achiever.
- She is a beautiful woman. Of course, Gillian Turner’s overall appearance must be a contribution from both the mom and the dad, but we would like to think that her mom has a lot to with her beautiful face.
- She is a strong woman. We found out that Gillian spent most of her childhood with her mom. If her parents are separated or divorced, that we cannot confirm. According to the source, it says that she is close to her mom and have spent most of her life with her. With that said, it’s fair enough to say that she was influenced more of her mom.
- Gillian Turner’s mother is smart. She is an author. For someone to be that, she sure has the brain. And of course, Gillian’s intelligence must run in the genes, right? Although, some sources said her dad is an author too – for your information.
- She is one successful woman. This goes both for being an author and for having a daughter like Gillian Turner. For Gillian to be the kind of woman that she is, it says something a lot to how she was well raised.
There you go. These are just seven things we thought of the kind of woman Gillian Turner’s mother is. For sure, there’s more to include in that list should we have found more information about her. Even so, by just looking at the kind of person Gillian has become, who actually seems to be really very private (which is very evident even with her personal life), we know for a fact that she grew up having a mom really good mom.