The key towards a successful and happy career is by getting yourself into a job based on your personality. If you belong to the INTJ (Introversion, Intuition, Thinking, Judgment) personality type, then this one is for you. As you read on, we will tell you more about your personality type and the INTJ careers you can choose from.
As aforementioned, when choosing which career path to take, it is best if you find out first what personality type do you belong. A lot of professionals recommend to take time in finding out your personality type before making a decision or jumping into a certain career path. By doing so, your success rate in a certain field is higher.
What is INTJ?
Among the personality types (there are 16 types to be exact) are those that belong to the INTJ personality. INTJ is also known as the Architect Personality. Those that belong on this type tend to be challenged by the people around them. They often think completely opposite on how they think from the others. They have high self-confidence and are said to be very rational. They, however, are not the sociable type. They find small talks and social gatherings as a waste of time. Yes, they are introverts. Thus, they are more comfortable being on their own rather than socialize with other people.
The best INTJ careers are usually those that involve critical thinking as people with this personality type are guided by reason and logic, plus, they are hungry for knowledge. They are natural problem solvers as they have a talent for identifying unfathomable connections and possibilities.
Although socializing is not their cup of tea, their thirst for knowledge makes them eager to learn from other people and get into collaborative conversations. People with INTJ personality have the tendency to be judgmental and perfectionist, which can serve as an asset when they are expected to come up with high quality work.
Before we move on to INTJ careers, it is also good to know deeper the characteristics or traits of INTJ people. This will help you understand yourself (if you belong to this group) or those that belong in it.
Here are a few traits to look for to know if the person belongs to the INTJ personality:
– They have high self-esteem or self-confidence. Their confidence level is high enough that when they make decisions, they do not have the tendency to change their minds. They are confident enough that they will push for what they think is right.
– They are very much independent. They do not rely on other people. Like in work, they can work on their own and create a high quality output. What is good about them being independent too is that they take responsibility for their actions.
– Since they are confident and independent, that leads to them being very decisive.
– INTJ people are imaginative and strategic. They are always on the lookout to improve and to gain more knowledge. They are always up for challenges.
– They are problem solvers. They always have the eagerness to find solutions to problems.
– They are critical thinkers. They love to conceptualize, analyze, synthesize and/or evaluate information.
– INTJs are considered as jack of all trades. They are determined. They put their attention, they focus on their tasks and make sure to accomplish them.
– They tend to be perfectionists. They always strive to do things on time and right. They will not stop until the task or solution satisfy them.
– They are opinionated but have the tendency to detach emotionally. They actually make good lawyers or physicians because they do not let emotions get in the way.
– They are open to new ideas, knowledge and skills. Actually, anything and everything – except anything to do with emotions.
– They are dedicated people. Some consider them as workaholics, but it is more of they always want things done. They are focused when at work.
With all these and more. Don’t you think there are a lot INTJ careers to choose from for this personality type? Well, then, let’s dig into that.
Having discussed about what INTJ personality is all about and determining their traits, it is safe to say that people with this personality type are the ones companies are always on the look out for. With their amazing traits, they are indeed competent and competitive.
With that said, if you belong to this group or happen to know someone who belongs to this group, here are a few of INTJ careers that you can choose from:
INTJ Careers in Finance
INTJs, in general, are organized and analytical. As mentioned earlier, they love getting challenged, and loved critical thinking. Thus, careers that has something to do with numbers would fit them. They are:
- Budget Analyst
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Analyst
- Insurance Underwriter
- Loan Officer
- Management Consultant
- Market Research Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Tax Examiner
- Financial Manager
- Top Executive
- Sales Engineer
INTJ Careers in Education and Technology
Education and technology careers also fit for the INTJ personality type since this include imagination and strategies. Opportunities on this field are:
- College or School administrator
- Guidance counselor
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
- Network Administrator
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Computer and IS Manager
- Computer Network Architect
- Computer Scientist
INTJ Careers in Law or Legal
With INTJs being critical thinkers, problem solvers, confident and independent, the best if not the perfect career path or choice for them is on the law or legal side. Career opportunities on this field are:
- Judge or Hearing Officer
- Attorney or Counsel
- Paralegal or Legal Assistant
INTJ Careers in Arts and Sciences and Humanities
With this personality type’s love for bringing ideas into life, then careers on this field also suits them best. Careers for INTJs under the arts, sciences and humanities include:
- Musical Performer
- Art Director
- Industrial Designer
- Technical Writer
- Atmospheric Scientist
- Biochemist or Biophysicist
- Chemist or Materials Scientist
- Environmental Scientist
- Medical Scientist
- Political Scientist
- Medical Biologist
INTJ Careers in Healthcare
Although INTJs are not social beings, careers on health care also fits them because of their confidence, decisiveness, and their being problem solvers and critical thinkers. Careers for INTJs on the healthcare field are as follows:
- Physician or Surgeon
- Personal trainer
- Massage therapist
- Dental hygienist
- Physical therapist
- Medical Technologist
While there are a lot more careers that fit the INTJ personality type, there are also a few jobs that won’t fit them. Any career that has something to do with socials, or those that require emotions or constant contact with people. INTJs are not good at those. As discussed early on, INTJs are independent and would rather work on their own than with a team. Also, they are so confident about themselves that sometimes they don’t care about other people’s point of view or other people’s emotion.
With that said, here are a few list of careers that INTJ people should avoid:
- Recreation Workers
- Celebrity or Television/Movie Personality
- Executive Secretary
- Personal Assistant
- Real Estate Agent
- Childcare Worker
- Police Officer
- Teacher’s Aide
- Preschool Teacher
- Home Health Aide
- Production Worker
- Advertising Sales Agent
- Dental Hygienist
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Medical Assistant
- Nurse’s Aide
- Social Worker
Basically any career that requires taking commands from someone, a job that does the same thing day after day, or a job that requires working with a large group. As mentioned earlier, INTJs are introverts. They work best when they are alone rather than when in a group.
Though INTJs may seem to be self-confident or not a team player, but come to think of it, with a wide range of INTJ careers suited for them, it is no wonder that people with this personality type are actually natural talents. They make most of the professional world.
People with INTJ personality may seem to be loners, but let’s admit it, they are the ones that make life easier for us. They are the thinkers, and solution-makers.
If you are one of them or now someone to be one of them, congratulations! Tap your shoulder because you are doing a great job – in whatever field you are in – or will be doing great whichever INTJ career path you choose.
Remember what I said earlier, after all, the key towards success and happiness in whatever career is knowing that you belong to that specific field or career path. That is why it is very important that you know what job suits you and most especially, your personality.