Motherhood and marriage are two equally important things in every woman’s life, do you agree? That is why it is important to ensure there is a balance between the two. It is challenging, but it is definitely workable.
It is probably safe to say that most women dream of becoming a wife and a mom. It’s something that most of us aspire to have in our lives. Being a wife and being a mother are two equally fulfilling roles.
But let’s face it, being a wife and a mom alone is not a walk in the part, how much more if you combine both, right? Being able to keep a balance in both can get really challenging. However, it feels different when you are able to do both, to be both at the same time. It’s very fulfilling and satisfying.
According to an article published by Fortune, it says that the moment couple marries each other, they are typically in love and happy, but things change eventually.
On average, it says that “couples’ satisfaction with their marriage declines during the first years of marriage,” even worse, the decline usually leads to divorce in some marriages.
Another factor that puts marriages at stake is once the couple has children. In the article, it says that “for around 30 years, researchers have studied how having children affect a marriage, and the results are conclusive: the relationship between spouses suffers once kids come along“.
Thus, the importance of keeping a balance between the two. Otherwise, one side of the scale will suffer, which is something nobody would want to happen, right?
Now, having said that, the question goes this way, how do you keep a balance between motherhood and marriage?
No need to go any further as we are going to share some tips on how to exactly do that. But before that, let’s talks about each point first so we get to understand and appreciate the importance of each role.
If you are ready, let’s begin —
Encyclopedia.com defines motherhood as “the cultural process of locating women’s identities in their capacity to nurture infants and children“.
Motherhood is about nurturing babies and children. Motherhood is a big word. More so, it is a role that is incomparable to anything.
A lot of people thought that motherhood begins the moment you give birth to a child. However, others, including ourselves, believe that motherhood starts the moment you have conceived a child. The moment you find out you are pregnant, that is the very same time that you start becoming a mom.
Why? Because we start nurturing our babies the moment we learn about our pregnancy. Our lives change the moment we find out that we are carrying a little human being that we call, child.
If you want to know more about a woman’s pregnancy, we recommend you check out these blog posts:
- When Do I Start Pregnancy Symptoms: 11 Signs To Watch Out For
- How Long Does An Implantation Bleed Last: Your Information Guide
- All You Need To Know About Mastrescene
- Your Guide In Knowing The First Trimester Is How Long And More
- When Do You Start To Show: Your Guide To Knowing When The Bump Show Off
- 9 Effective Ways That Help Fight Prenatal Depression
- Can A Pregnant Woman Eat Shrimp: Your Guide On Foods To Take And Avoid
- When Do 3rd Trimester Start: Your Guide To The Last Stage Of Pregnancy
- Your Guide To Understanding Maternity Leave In California
- How To Deal With Losing Hair Postpartum
Once our babies come out, our being a mom becomes even more real because the baby is already right in front of us. This time, nurturing is not just about making sure you are having a healthy pregnancy, but making sure your baby is well, and healthy, and is only receiving nothing but the best.
One of the best ways to nurture our babies is by breastfeeding them, which is a very challenging journey, to be honest, but also fulfilling. Know more about breastfeeding in these blog posts:
- A Breastfeeding Mom’s Guide In Creating A Back To Work Pumping Schedule
- Your Guide To Using Flaxseed For Lactation
- What You Should Know About Taking Moringa For Breastfeeding
- Reglan for Lactation: What You Need To Know
- All You Need To Know About Brewer’s Yeast And Lactation
- How To Increase Milk Supply And Succeed In Breastfeeding
- Your Guide To Learning How Long Can Breast Milk Sit Out
- 7 Common Questions About Breast Feeding And Alcohol Answered
- Every Breastfeeding Mom’s Guide To Pumping and Dumping
- What You Should Know On Breastfeeding and Returning To Work Kellymom
Furthermore, once you become a mom, and you breastfeed, you experience difficulties along the way that sometimes would lead some women to question their love for motherhood. In cases when issues get really bad, it also affects how we relate to other people including our husbands.
Learn about breastfeeding issues and how to deal with them in the blog posts below:
Meanwhile, not all women are blessed to be able to breastfeed, thus, some women rely on formula milk instead. Get ideas about one of the popular milk out there in the article below:
You see, motherhood is not an easy task. Not at all. Perhaps a lot of moms out there will agree if we say that while motherhood is a joy to the heart, it can also become excruciating, exhausting, and difficult at the same time. Thus the need for support from everyone around especially from our husbands.
Not, unfortunately, as stated in the article by Fortune, “women are more likely to become the ‘on-call’ parent, the one who gets up in the night to bring a child a tissue or who’s called by the school nurse”. So, you can only imagine the weight of motherhood.
But as we have said, in the end, it is very fulfilling and satisfying.
Now, let’s move on to the next important aspect of our lives.
According to Psychology Today, marriage refers to “the process by which two people make their relationship public, official, and permanent. It is the joining of two people in a bond that putatively lasts until death, but in practice is often cut short by separation or divorce.”
Marriage is binding two humans (a man and a woman) who love each other and promises to be with each other (supposedly) for the rest of their lives.
Just like what we have said earlier, like motherhood, marriage is not a walk in the park. It can get really challenging along the way.
Before moving on, here’s a very insightful video by Focus on the Family, wherein it tackles about prioritizing marriage. Click the play button below to watch:
Like motherhood, in the first few months, you will enjoy the process, but as trials and different circumstances come in, there comes a time that you will wonder if you still want to continue with it. But in every hurdle surpassed, every trial won, the feeling is priceless.
Marriage has to work. And for it to work, both parties have to do their part. Both the husband and the wife need to do their best to make sure their marriage is long and lasting. As they say, you have to keep the fire burning to make a marriage last long.
One way to make your marriage stay at par is to continue doing the things you both love doing together even before you were married – like date nights! You can check out the below article to learn about different ways you can make a simple yet enjoyable and memorable date night.
BALANCING MOTHERHOOD AND MARRIAGE
To be able to keep a balance, and enjoy both motherhood and marriage all at the same time, you have to really work hard. You have to make decisions. You have to act on it.
Having said that, here are some tips that may help you work things out for the good of both equally challenging yet fulfilling roles:
In any relationship, communication is very important – all the more in marriage. Make sure your partner knows how you feel about things. Always talk about any concerns you have with your partner. Whether it has something to do with you being a mom or about your relationship with your husband.
Also, as mentioned earlier, since having a child is one of the major factors that affect changes in a couple’s relationship, we highly recommend you discuss having a child with your partner.
Learn about how to successfully conceive in this blog post:
Apart from talking about concerns, make it also a habit to talk about the joys of being with each other, and if you are already parents, the joy of parenting. Talk about how your child is growing, about your baby’s development.
If you want to know more about a baby’s, toddler’s, or teen’s development, you may check out these very useful resources:
- How To Know When You’re Little One Has Baby Growth Spurt
- Your Guide To Understanding Why Can’t Baby Have Honey
- 5 Ways On How To Get Rid Of Baby Hiccups
- When Can Babies Have Water And Other Related Information You Need To Know
- Your Guide To Knowing When Does A Baby Roll Over
- What Age Do Girls Stop Growing: Every Mom’s Guide
- 13 Adorable Toddlers Hair Cut For Boys And Girls
- Your Guide In Knowing What Is The Average Weight For A 13 Year Old
Learn to Prioritize
Perhaps you are wondering how do you even prioritize motherhood over marriage or marriage over motherhood?
It’s pretty simple if, for instance, you feel like your marriage is being strained, then, make it a priority to work on making your husband feel he matters. Laugh with your husband, enjoy, have fun. Cook his favorite food, or try out something new.
If you need recipes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner with your husband, you may want to check these blog posts out:
- 5 Delicious Vegan Meatloaf Seitan And Other Vegan Meatloaf Recipes
- 5 Equally Delicious Whole30 Chicken Nuggets Recipes You Should Try
- 11 Deliciously Good Recipes With Taco Meat
- 13 Best Frozen Meatballs Crockpot Recipes
- Your Guide To Learning About Chinese Food Health (Plus A Few Recipes!)
- Your Guide To Cooking Frozen Chicken (Plus Frozen Chicken Recipes)
- 7 Best London Broil Crockpot Recipes That Will Make You Crave For More
Recharge When Necessary
As the saying goes, you cannot give what you do not have. So make sure to fuel up every once in a while. If you feel like you are out of balance already, pause a while, meet up with friends, do something new for the first time – whatever makes you refuel your tank.
Check these blogs for activities you can do with friends:
Other things that make women happy and recharged are anything that has something to do with taking care of one’s self or beauty regimens.
We got some ideas on how to better take care of your health, check these blog posts below:
- Proactiv Vs Curology Vs Hers: Your Guide On The Best Anti-Acne Solution
- Thinx Vs Modibodi Vs Speax: Choosing The Best Period Panty For You
- Ritual Vitamins Review: Your Guide In Knowing If It’s Right For You
- Hers Vs Nurx Vs Pill Club: Choosing The Right Birth Control Provider For You
- Grove Collaborative Review: 5 Things To Love About This Online Platform
- Prose Vs Function Of Beauty: The Best Personalized Hair Product For You
- Queen V vs Rephresh vs Love Wellness: The Best Feminine Care Kit For You
- Warby Parker Contact Reviews: Is It Worth A Try?
- 7 Sleep Studies Near Me That Provides Excellent Service
- Tara Brach Meditation and How It Brought Peace In My Life
By doing so, once your full again, you can go back balancing motherhood and marriage as if you did not get emptied.
Make a Schedule
In some families or couples, following a schedule helps keep a balanced and happy home. It’s basically like creating a routine to ensure that no one is taken for granted.
For instance, some of us, make it habit to cook and eat breakfast with our husbands while the baby or the kids are asleep. In some marriages, they do bond at night when the children are asleep already. Some would just hang out in the kitchen talking about how their day has been or talking about new dreams.
Meanwhile, the day is spent taking care of the kids, and the household.
Scheduling is actually very effective, especially among new parents. This will help ensure that despite the chaos of trying to figure out things that are entirely new to you — motherhood and parenting — you have time to sit and talk and bond with your husband, which is the best way to nurture a marriage.
One of the best ways to nurture and keep your marriage a happy one is to always make sure to laugh and have fun! Make “fun” a priority in your lives. Nobody wants dullness, anyway, right?
As much as possible, keep the excitement in your day to day life. Surely, there are days when things will not happen the way you want it, but you always make it a point to find moments that it’s just about you and your husband. You will be surprised at how amazing it will be.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON MOTHERHOOD AND MARRIAGE
Motherhood and marriage are two wonderful things. It’s hard to choose one over the other. Each of these aspects imparts something to how our lives become. Both completes a piece of our life’s puzzle. That is why it is very important to always keep a balance between the two.
As a woman, as a wife, and as a mother, while it can get really challenging, it’s part of our roles to ensure all our relationships are nurtured, and that we are able to do our roles and responsibilities the best way possible.
Of course, there are days when it gets really tough, when that happens, always make it a point to let pause, or better yet, talk about it with your partner.
We believe that in both motherhood and marriage, the husband or the partner needs to do his part as well. To support understand, and make things bearable for the woman. After all, while people call us super, at the end of the day, we are just humans and we go through difficult times as well.
How’s your life as a mom so far? How about as a wife? How do you keep a balance between motherhood and marriage? Comment below! We would love to know you do it.