Survey Junkie is an online side hustle that allows people to make money right at the comforts of their homes. But, is it for real?
Let’s admit it, a lot of people nowadays especially the younger generations do not only settle in one job. Mostly, apart from having a regular job would even look for side hustles to make ends meet, or sometimes, just to earn a few more to meet their financial goals.
According to an article by Fortune.com, a survey from Bankrate has found that 49 percent of Americans today who are aged 35 and below have side hustles.
Younger people these days are always on the lookout for ways to make money – not necessarily because they do not have the means or they lack money, but because there are a lot of opportunities especially online.
In recent years, work from home opportunities has increased. Companies do not only offer regular jobs but part-time jobs as well, some even occasional job opportunities.
Apart from that, the young generation is more self-driven. They are becoming more independent they want to make money as early as they can.
Now, there are a lot of online job opportunities out there – both for young ones and older people. In fact, there are too many that almost all industries are covered. Needless to say, some of these online money-making opportunities does not necessarily require you to have specific knowledge or education.
One perfect example if Survey Junkie.
It is an online site that allows people to answer surveys and make money from doing so.
Sounds interesting? Well, it is!
How legit? Well, that is what we are going to find out as we do a review on Survey Junkie.
In the next sections, we are going to see the legitimacy of the site by looking into the following:
- What is Survey Junkie?
- How does Survey Junkie work?
- Who can join Survey Junkie?
- How much does one make with Survey Junkie?
- How does one get paid?
- When is Survey Junkie Worthwhile?
- What are the benefits of Survey Junkie?
- What are the downsides of Survey Junkie?
- Is it legit?
WHAT IS SURVEY JUNKIE?
Before we even get into details with Survey Junkie, let us first and foremost know what this site is all about.
Survey Junkie is an online survey platform that was launched back in 2005. Of all the paid survey sites out there, Survey Junkie is one of the oldest. Needless to say, one of the best in this field.
The survey site basically pays people for sharing their opinions. Each survey is worth a specific number of points. These points are redeemable either for cash or gift cards.
Probably you are wondering why they pay people for answering surveys —
Well, it goes down to the company’s mission, which is to connect the consumers’ voice to brands to help them deliver better products and services.
If you come to think about it, what Survey Junkie offers, what it does is a win-win situation for both parties. While you get money from participating in these surveys, you get to help brands provide better products and services, and in return, you also benefit once these brands work on what consumers have to say about the products and services they offer.
According to the Survey Junkie website, they currently have more than 3,000,000 members. Unfortunately, though, the site does not share how many of its members are active users.
Nevertheless, the number is high, which is a good sign. With a lot of people signing up, it only means the site is credible and legit.
HOW DOES SURVEY JUNKIE WORK?
In the previous section, we shared with you some of the most important details on what Survey Junkie is all about.
This time around, we will talk about how it actually works.
To get started, similar to any other job and paid survey sites, you have to sign up.
The Survey Junkie signing up process is very simple and easy that it only takes about two minutes to finish it.
When signing up, be ready to share some of your personal information as this is necessary to compete the account application.
In particular, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Complete Name
- Date of Birth
- Country of Residence
- ZIP Code
To learn how to properly create a Survey Junkie account, you better check this informative and detailed video by Survey Help 360:
Once you are done signing up, we recommend you immediately fill out profiles to help increase your chances of receiving more survey questionnaires with higher and better rewards.
Also, it is important to note that while there are details that are required for you to fill out, there are other questions that you can decline answering by choosing the “prefer not to say” button.
Upon completion of the signing up process, you will then start receiving paid survey opportunities.
From your account dashboard, you will be able to see a list of available surveys based on your profile. What’s nice about it is that you get to see how many points you will earn for each survey listed. That way, you get to decide which ones to take part in.
Furthermore, you will also see how long it will take for you to answer each task. It’s great because you can manage your time accordingly.
Normally, each task can be completed in 10 minutes, and usually, a 10-minute survey is equivalent to 40 points. But again, you have to check as they may differ depending on certain factors.
Ideally, you have a wide range of interests and knowledge so you get to receive more paid survey opportunities. The more limited your knowledge and interests are, the fewer surveys you get.
By the way, as compared with other paid survey sites out there, Survey Junkie’s surveys are mostly related to products and services that consumers normally buy.
WHO CAN JOIN SURVEY JUNKIE?
One of the most important things you need to know before you even sign up with Survey Junkie is if you qualify in terms of location.
Currently, Survey Junkie is only available for individuals living in the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom, as well as New Zealand.
Unfortunately, if you do not live in any of the aforementioned countries, you are not qualified to join Survey Junkie. But, there are other paid survey sites out there to choose where you may be qualified.
HOW MUCH DOES ONE MAKE WITH SURVEY JUNKIE?
In this section, we are going to talk about one of the most important questions you have in mind — how much will you make from answering surveys.
Here’s an important disclaimer — if you are looking for an online gig that would allow you could pursue it in lieu of your regular day job, this is not it. Answering paid surveys does not offer regular income. Needless to say, this side hustle does not pay as much as you think.
Generally speaking, when answering or participating in paid surveys, how much you make will depend on how many qualified paid surveys you get.
Basically, you can earn somewhere between $2.00 and $5.00 per hour completing surveys on Survey Junkie — but again, it depends.
With Survey Junkie, you earn based on a points system. The points you earn on the survey site is translated into either cash or gift cards.
To give you an idea, when taking surveys on the site, one point is equal to one cent. If, for example, you participated in a survey with a 200-point reward, you will earn $2. But again, it depends on the brand and the survey — that’s why it’s always best to check how many points the survey is before taking part in it.
HOW DOES ONE GET PAID?
So, now that you already know how much you can potentially earn in answering surveys through Survey Junkie, this time, let’s talk about how you actually get paid.
As mentioned earlier, you can potentially earn between $2.00 and $5.00 per hour by completing surveys on Survey Junkie.
Also, we mentioned that your earning can either be translated into cash or you may opt for a gift card instead.
If you opt to receive your payment through cash, the survey site offers two different ways, and these are through:
- Bank Transfers
Meanwhile, if you opt to have your points translated into electronic gift cards, you may choose from the list below:
It is important to note, however, that you need at least $5 or 500 points in your account to be able to cash out.
Also, Survey Junkie will require you to verify your identity to be able to proceed with the cash out process. The verification process requires you to provide your home address as well as your phone number.
While it normally is easy to have your identity verified. In some cases, in the event that the system is unable to automatically confirm your identity, you may have to wait for the next business day for someone from the company to call you and manually do the verification process.
It is important to note, however, that you need at least $5 or 500 points in your account to be able to cash out.
WHEN IS SURVEY JUNKIE WORTHWHILE?
Perhaps by now you are already wondering if joining Survey Junkie is worthwhile.
Well, while it does not big like other online job opportunities out there, Survey Junkie is worth your time, especially during dead hours.
Instead of playing online games, or doing nothing, you can make use of your time answering paid surveys.
Since these surveys can be done anytime and anywhere, you answer them while in transit, or when taking a break from your daily tasks.
Answering paid surveys will not make you a millionaire, but it will somehow allow you to earn a few extra bucks that you can either add up to your weekly budget or you can use to buy that item you have been eyeing for a long time now.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SURVEY JUNKIE?
Now that we have already discussed some of the most important information you need to know about Survey Junkie, this time, we are going to run down a list of the things we particularly like about this paid survey site.
Some of the benefits of Survey Junkie include:
- Estimated Time Frame Feature – Unlike other paid survey sites, Survey Junkie provides an estimated time frame for every survey. This gives you an idea of how long it will take you to finish the survey. This feature makes earning money with the site more convenient.
- Other Opportunities To Earn– While Survey Junkie is known for providing paid surveys, there’s more to it. Upon joining, members have the opportunity to set up activity preferences like product testing, focus groups, as well as phone surveys. All these are paid, which means more chances to earn than just the usual amount you make from answering surveys.
- Email Alerts – Another feature that Survey Junkie offers is that it sends its members alerts when high-point surveys become available. Make sure though to jump on them as soon as you get the email as these surveys are very popular. Meaning, a lot of members are looking forward to it.
- Easy to Use – Unlike other survey sites, Survey Junkie is very easy to use. The website is clean and simple, and straightforward.
- Anyone Can Be A Member – With Survey Junkie, everyone is welcome to create an account regardless if you are new to answering surveys or have been doing this as a side hustle for a long time now.
- Cash-Out Options – We particularly like the fact that Survey Junkie provides options when it comes to cashing out. As mentioned earlier, you can either withdraw your earning through PayPal or bank transfer, or you may opt to choose electronic gift cards instead.
- Low Minimum Cash Out Threshold – Unlike other paid survey sites out there, Survey Junkie has a very low minimum threshold to cash out. The amount required for cashing out is only $5.
- Responsive Customer Service – Another good thing we found about Survey Junkie is that their customer service is extremely responsive according to its members, which is great as it helps address concerns easily and in a timely manner.
WHAT ARE THE DOWNSIDES OF SURVEY JUNKIE?
While we have found things to like about Survey Junkie, we surely found some not-so-good things with it as well.
As we always say it, there is no such thing as perfect — and Survey Junkie is one them.
Some of the downsides or red flags of Survey Junkie include the following:
- Closes Accounts Without Prior Notice – While it’s not an isolated case, it is unfortunate knowing that just like other survey sites, there are concerns among its members about missing or deleted accounts. Based on reviews, accounts are deleted without proper notice.
- Payout Issues – Another downside we found about Survey Junkie is payout issues. Based on reviews, we found out that there are cases when Survey Junkie is unable to pay out its members based on their preferred cash out the issue. Worse, though, some members were not able to get the requested payout at all.
- Payout Issues – There are very few cases when members are not able to get their money at all.
- Unnecessary Survey Invites – Like a lot of survey sites, Survey Junkie sends survey invites even if you are not qualified for it, which honestly can be annoying sometimes.
- Disqualification From Surveys– Before starting with any survey, you will be asked to provide answers to some basic questions. Depending on your answer, there could be a chance that you might get disqualified to take the survey.
IS IT LEGIT?
Although Survey Junkie has its share of cons, overall, we have to say that it is legit.
In fact, the paid survey site is a highly-rated business with the Better Business Bureau. Needless to say, it is a reputable and one of the most well-known paid survey sites in the country and other countries in the world.
Also, as mentioned earlier, apart from paid surveys, Survey Junkie offers other opportunities to make money online, which means more chances for members to earn more.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON SURVEY JUNKIE
Survey Junkie, just like any other paid survey site won’t make you a millionaire, but, it allows you to earn a few dollars without any pressure at all. Needless to say, you can do it anytime and anywhere you want — even while in transit!
While it does have its share of ups, Survey Junkie does have a few downsides as well, and it’s up to you, the user to decide whether if it’s worth your time or not.
But, do we recommend it?
Well, here’s what we have to say —